View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Raid signups - new characters 
Post Raid signups - new characters
Hi guys,

I've been trying to create characters on the sign-up page for raids, but for some reason when I click 'save' it seems to not save my character.

I'm with DotA and never had this problem with sign-ups before, even though our system is identical minus the sign-up page's background colour.

Could someone lend me a hand or otherwise let me know what I'm doing wrong? thanks! :D

~kaira

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 am
Cake Officer

Main: Kelsin
Post Re: Raid signups - new characters
Ibi sent me a pm about this, going to look into it later tonight when I get home from work.

WoW:Kelsin, Sonily, Tuxy D3:Kelsin#1937 Sc2:Kelsin#935
Steam:Lilycraft XBox:Lilycraft PSN:Lilycraft Aim:Kelsin5 Twitter:kelsin5

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Cake Member

It's because your name starts with K, Kelsin does not like people stealing his place the alphabet.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Main: daniellena
Liekki wrote:
It's because your name starts with K, Kelsin does not like people stealing his place the alphabet.

I've also opted for a no new Priests flaw in the coding, it has been denied countless times.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Cake Officer

Isn't your name Belldandi? You were signed up for a raid previously by an admin and we sent you a LJ messages asking you to register on these forums using the name "Belldandi" so that the accounts would link up correctly. You can register with that name now if you're email is linked to this account... but can you confirm that you understand this?

If so we will do this:

1. I will remove this forum account
  2. You can resignup on our forums with the name "Belldandi"
  3. Everything should work with the raid signups.

I still want to look into why you couldn't create characters but if we can link up this account with the one that previously signed up for raids that would be best.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 am
Profile WWW
DotA Member

Main: Karastrasza
I think what confused me is that I was initially somehow able to access the raid info and sign up without registering for the forums; which made me 'anonymous' or something, and I didn't understand that the forum/sign-up names needed to be the same and synched. Also I wasn't able to sign up anymore with that unsynched account, so I tried creating a new account. I'd guess all this may have glitched the character creation page somehow. If there was any guide post on this, sorry for missing it.

And thanks Kelsin, I did just as you said and all should be good now. All clear to delete kaira :)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 am
DotA Officer

Main: Ceres
Nah there wasn't any signup guide that would have prevented that - it actually was a bug that was allowing you to sign in anonymously and it isn't possible anymore :) So hopefully it won't happen to anyone else!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Cake Officer

Belldandi wrote:
I think what confused me is that I was initially somehow able to access the raid info and sign up without registering for the forums; which made me 'anonymous' or something, and I didn't understand that the forum/sign-up names needed to be the same and synched. Also I wasn't able to sign up anymore with that unsynched account, so I tried creating a new account. I'd guess all this may have glitched the character creation page somehow. If there was any guide post on this, sorry for missing it.

And thanks Kelsin, I did just as you said and all should be good now. All clear to delete kaira :)

Ok so just to be clear, you can edit your characters and make new ones just fine now?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
DotA Member

Main: Karastrasza
Yes all is well now. Thanks again to Kelsin, Shae, and Ibi for helping me out! :D

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm
DotA Member

Main: hollsy
ahahaha i had the same problem with sighing hollsy/holls/holyholls/hollrus cause i set it up under Holls....

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]